This qualification is designed to provide the students with both theoretical and practical experience offered in a simulated environment or in the real workplace. It is a SAQA registered qualification and it’s offered over a period of 3 years at levels 2, 3 and 4 of the National Qualification Framework (NQF). A student is issued with a certificate, the National Certificate (Vocational): Primary Health at each level which can be used to pursue other health related programmes.
Fundamental Compulsory Subjects:
- First additional language – which must be the language of teaching and learning
- Life Orientation
|Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- Community Care Workers
- Social Worker
- Occupational health and safety
- Occupational Therapy
- Practising in clinics and health support services
- Supporting the Department of Health community health programmes
- A generic, academic educational platform for entry into higher education
- Opportunities to enter a career path on level5 midlevel and other professional programmes in nursing, medicine, physiotherapy, forensic and radiology
- Matriculants with inadequate results in life science and Physical Science get an opportunity to enter into a health programme.
- Access to other health support careers