Student Representative Council
The Student Representative Council is a statutory and the highest student governing body, entrusted with specific matters by their constituency and College management.
The SRC is governed by the Student Council Constitution as approved by the Student College Council and management of South West Gauteng College.
Aims and Objectives of the SRC:
- To represent students in all matters affecting them both as individuals and as a body.
- To support student governance and development by encouraging cooperation among student structures and coordinating joint activities.
- To promote a culture of democracy and tolerance with the College community, responsibility and patriotism.
- To advocate for student rights by striving for just standards of general welfare of all students regardless of race, colour, creed, language, disability and sex.
- To facilitate communication between students and other stakeholders with the education sector.
- The elections are held at the beginning of each year, between February – March. The term of the year is 12 months.
- Each Campus elects the campus SRC representatives.
- The SRC have the opportunity to meet regularly with Campus Management team to report on activities and raise students’ concerns.
- The Chairperson of each campus SRC forms the SRC Executive of South West Gauteng College.
- The SRC meetings are held on monthly basis.
KNOW YOUR SRC
Student Representative Council EXECUTIVE 2017/ 18
|Dieketseng Hlakotsa||Deputy President||Roodepoort|
|Olwethu Maboyi||Secretary General||Roodepoort West|
|Nomsa Mbhele||Deputy Secretary General||George Tabor|
|Denny Monyamane||Treasurer General||Molapo|
|Martin Somo||Academics General||Dobsonville|
|Robert Nyamane||Arts and Culture Officer||Molapo|
|Bongani Nkosi||Sports Officer||Dobsonville|
|Lerato Machebele||Employability Officer||Roodepoort West|
|Marvel Mudau||Health and Safety Officer||Roodepoort|
|Dumisane Baloyi||Gender, Disability & transformation coordinator||Roodepoort|
Student Representative Council Campus Chairpersons 2017/ 18
|Hulisani Mani||Campus Chairperson||Dobsonville|
|Vacant||Campus Chairperson||George Tabor|
|Robert Nyamane||Campus Chairperson||Molapo|
|Nondumiso Mazibuko||Campus Chairperson||Roodepoort|
|Olwethu Maboyi||Campus Chairperson||Roodepoort West|
|Innocent Themba||Campus Chairperson||Technisa|