Recognising the potential for growth in the Contact Centre industry, and its capabilities for generating jobs, the College took the decision to introduce a course for Contact Centre agents. To prepare for this, a 40-seat Contact Centre cum Contact Centre Training facility was equipped in rented amenities at the historical Walter Sisulu Square of dedication in Kliptown, Soweto.
The facility is now fully equipped and commissioned. The plan is to use 8 of the seats fro college business, leaving 32 seats available for businesses and organisations to rent at a reasonable rental fee per seat.
Though essentially a training facility aimed at offering our "agents-in-training" the opportunity to get hands on practical experience, the Contact Centre will operate as a fully fledged business, offering quality contact centre services to its clients
Some of the Services Rendered:
Training students who intend to pursue Call Centre as a career. The course consists of the following:
- Communication skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Computer training
- Call Centre training
- Customer service
- Call Centre soft skills
- Outbound and inbound Call Centre skills training.
- Information Technology
- Provincial Government
- Local Government
- National Government
- Travel and Hospitality
- Emergency Services
- Educational Institutions
- Collection Agencies, etc.
- Renting of seats in the Contact Centre to interested individuals, organisations and companies at a reasonable rental fee.
- The use of some seats in the Contact Centre for the college''s own business.
- Offering our agents and students in training to opportunity to gain hands-on practical experience.
Typical industries and career opportunities that need Contact Centre skills:
Industries needing Contact Centre skills continued...